Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Jumping On the Couch

I was trying to engage my nephew over What's App Video chat the other day, but he was just too into his tv show to pay me any mind.  I thought that maybe singing his favorite Auntie Court song, a variation of "Five Little Monkeys Jumpin' On the Bed" might catch his attention.

ME: (singing) One little Owen jumpin' on the couch, he fell off and bumped his pouch. Mama called the doctor and the doctor vouched, NO MORE OWENS JUMPING ON THE COUCH!

He didn't even turn and look in my direction once.

Madeleine was eager to come up with a solution to my boredom-inducing technique.

MADELEINE: (running into the room I was calling from) Mommy.  I have an idea.  To try and make the song a little more...INTERESTING, you can sing it in a MINOR tone!


What would I do without Madeleine.  She's always got the answers when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment