Sunday, December 15, 2019

Grumpy Sunday Morning

Madeleine insists that she is NOT grumpy.

MADELEINE: (from her bedroom) Julia, why do you keep stealing my SUNDAY UNDERWEAR?
JULIA: What?  Huh?
MADELEINE: My SUNDAY UNDERWEAR are missing.  Someone STOLE them.
JULIA: (ignoring Madeleine's inanity)
MADELEINE: Why do people keep STEALING MY CLOTHES?
ME: (entering Madeleine's bedroom) Why are you angry, honey?
MADELEINE: I'm NOT.
ME: What's the problem?
MADELEINE: People keep taking my CLOTHES.
ME: Can I help you?
MADELEINE: I can't find my Sunday underwear.
ME: I'll take a look.
MADELEINE: No.  They're NOT there.
ME: Let me look.
MADELEINE: No, Mommy, don't.  They're not there.  You'll be WASTING your time.
ME: (browsing her underwear drawer and finding the Sunday underwear) Here you go.
MADELEINE: (glowering) How come you always find everything in TWO SECONDS and I *NEVER* find them and I look WAY, WAY harder than you??


Yup.  She's NOT grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment