Tuesday, December 3, 2019

An Amazing Paragraph

Madeleine was working on writing yet another novel yesterday when she was struck by her own talent.

MADELEINE: Mommy!  I am REALLY proud of this paragraph!

Here's the paragraph:




That is a legit good paragraph.  I have been impressed by Madeleine's writing ability in the past, and was beyond impressed this time.  I didn't even need to heap praise on Madeleine, however, because she was still heaping it on her own self.

MADELEINE: Mommy.  I'm OBSESSED with this paragraph.  Like: "careening?"  "OPEN air?"
ME: I know!
MADELEINE: I didn't even realize I *knew* some of those words!

I mean, I think she earned the right to brag about her own self with this one.  Her writing and plot ideas have come a long way since "Alecto!"

No comments:

Post a Comment