Sunday, July 15, 2018

Potty Talk, Take One Million

Madeleine has some opinions on the frequency with which I use the toilet.

MADELEINE: Mommy.  I have a question.  When are you NOT on the potty?
ME: What do you mean?
MADELEINE: Like, EVERY TIME I go in the bathroom, you were just in there going pee.
ME: Well, I do have to pee a lot.  I have to drink a LOT of water in the summer to keep me hydrated for running, so that makes me pee more.
MADELEINE: Oh.  Mommy.  Is THAT why your pee looks so clear?
ME: Probably.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  Because Mommy.  After you pee, it just looks like there's TOILET PAPER and water in the toilet.
ME: Well, it's definitely a sign that you've had a lot of water if your pee is clear.  And I definitely pee a lot more than most people.  I just read something that said the average person pees six to eight times a day, and I'm like, I think I might pee six to eight times an hour!

This conversation really stuck with Madeleine, because it came up again a few days later.

MADELEINE: Mommy, you need to drink LESS water.
ME: Wait.  What?  Why?
MADELEINE: You drink TOO much water.
JULIA: (joining in the conversation) Why does Mommy drink too much water?
MADELEINE: (gravely) Julia.  Mommy said that you're supposed to drink SIXTY-EIGHT cups of water in a day, and she drinks SIXTY-EIGHT in one hour!
ME: No, no, no.  People go PEE six to eight times a day.
MADELEINE: Oh, wait!  Julia.  Mommy goes pee SIXTY-EIGHT times an hour.  So she's drinking TOO MUCH water.

Okay, I'll admit that my bladder is kind of ridiculously active, but I most definitely do not pee sixty-eight times an hour.  And I absolutely do not drink sixty-eight cups of water in a whole day, let alone an hour.  Wow, I'm feeling way less abnormal already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment