Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Smart Group

Tonight's bedtime conversation:

MADELEINE: Mommy?  At school, I always loved it when our teacher would call the "Smart Group" over to the table-
ME: Wait.  Your teacher called something the "Smart Group?"
MADELEINE: Uh, no: that's just what *I* call it.  I don't really know what it's called.  It wasn't really called anything.  She just called our names over and it was always the same people.
ME: Okay.  And it was because you're smart?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  Like, it was the people who would get to do math for longer and go farther in our books, or, like, we always finished our Writing Workshop first and the rest of the class was still working so we would get to start on another subject.
ME: Okay.  So you liked getting to do that?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And, like, the REST of the class...well, I liked to call them...I thought of them as the "Sweet Little Cute Ones," because we could always hear the teacher helping them and talking to them about what they were working on.


HUGE sigh of relief on my part.  I got really worried that Madeleine had dubbed the rest of the class the "Stupid Group."  PHEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment