Friday, August 19, 2016

The Spooky Playroom

Yesterday afternoon, Julia had a play-date at a friend's house, so Madeleine was home without her play-mate.  Naturally, she decided to turn the play room into a haunted house of sorts to scare Julia when she came home.

How did she go about this spook fest?  Well, by hanging menacing signs, of course:

"Stop!  Before you use this T.V. at all I have to tell you that Julia is fufu!  P.S. I'm gona eat you!"

I don't know what's scarier: the drawing of the Medusa head or the disclosure that Julia is fufu.


"Your family is ded!!!!!!!!!!"

Yikes.  We are??


"You are ded to the core."

Eek.  Complete with a bloody bone oozing out a shadow demon.


"The evel house."

I wonder if the evel house, formerly known as the Barbie house, is the site for a re-enactment of 1987's horror film "Dolls."


At any rate, while Julia merely scoffed at Madeleine's spooky play-room makeover, Madeleine somehow managed to scare *herself* with her prophetic signage.  No longer able to stay in the play-room by herself, she came scampering upstairs to seek my company, and was too nervous to even sit at the dining room table to drink a juice box.

MADELEINE: Mommy, can you come sit with me at the table?
ME: I'm right here on the couch, honey.  You don't need to worry.
MADELEINE: But...I can't see you from here.
ME: That's okay.  I'm still nearby.
MADELEINE: But I'm scared.
ME: What are you scared of?
MADELEINE: The signs.
ME: What signs?  You wrote them.  What are you scared of?
MADELEINE: "Your family is ded."
ME: So, what, you're afraid that if you can't see me it means I'm dead?
MADELEINE: I'm afraid that when I come back to the couch, you'll be gone, and there will just be a BONE.

Thankfully, I didn't disappear from the couch and turn into a bone, nor did anybody else from our family.  However, I think it's safe to say Madeleine's plan to scare Julia backfired on her pretty spectacularly.  Lesson learned: don't dish it out if you can't take it.




No comments:

Post a Comment