Saturday, April 9, 2016

Julia's Poems

JULIA: Mommy, wanna read this book of poems I'm making??


When You Kissed ME Goodbye
AND OTHER POEMS
By Julia Rowe


Oh, boy.



When You Kissed Me Goodbye
"When you kissed me goodbye, I felt a lot of things.  Sometimes I love you, and sometimes I hate you.  And sometimes, I'd really like to date you.  Sometimes I'm dreamy and sometimes I'm cleany.  Sometimes I'd like to move to Nebraska.  It was not love at first sight so I'll move to Nebraska if first I don't ask ya."

I can relate with the narrator of this poem.  Sometimes I'm cleany, too.



Stapler
"Staple, staple, Morgan Maple.  Stapler, you are my friend.  I'll love you 'till the end.  Because you are so great.  Stapler, you are something no one can hate, HEY!  You hurt me!  A cut, can't you see!  Okay, Okay, I'll let it be."

Author's note: Morgan Maple is the name of a girl in the boy narrator's class, upon whom he has a crush.  Because that's relevant to the poem, right?  "Morgan Maple" is definitely not just thrown in there to rhyme with "staple."


Clemintine Asked ME OUT!

"Clemintine asked me out today.  Nancy McLay told me so, and I told her to tell Clemintine that I would go.  I ran to Nancy's house where Clemintine would be, but then I could plainly see, that Clemintine was a clemintine."

It kind of serves the narrator right, if he/she was willing to go out with Clemintine without, presumably, even knowing who Clemintine is.  I mean, if you're surprised that your blind date is a piece of fruit, perhaps you should have asked to see a picture of said date before agreeing to go out in the first place.  Or maybe that would seem like you're only in it for her looks, rather than just the assertion that she is, in fact, human, and not an orange.


And what the heck is with Julia and her sudden interest in kissing and dating? Yikes!!







No comments:

Post a Comment