Monday, August 12, 2013

Artwork and Dare-Devilry

In case you're wondering if Julia's Harry Potter obsession has cooled any over the past week, I'll give you the answer by displaying some of her recent artwork:

Hogwart's Castle, made from cardboard

Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Ron, holding arms because they are apparently hand-less.

Julia's Hogwarts schedule:

Pochins class at 8:00
Difens agenst the dark arts class at 9:00
Fliying Class at 10:00
Doling Class at 11:00
Herbology at 12:00
Magic Class at 1:00
Lunch at 2:00
Brack at 3:00
Dinner at 4:00
Bed at 5:00

I'm a little surprised by the fact that they don't have lunch until 2pm (or a brack at all before 3pm), then dinner a quick 2 hours later.  And a 5pm bedtime?  Are they supposed to be vampires instead of wizards??  Off to bed as soon as the sun is setting?

At any rate, it is not JUST Hermione over whom Julia currently obsesses.  Now it's a double, equal obsession between Hermione AND Ginny.  Just what we need!

JULIA: I'm feeling light-hearted and brave-hearted about Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley!

Julia has also decided that, although she STILL wants to be Hermione for the upcoming Halloween, she wants to be Ginny Weasley the FOLLOWING Halloween.  Which, I guess, means just wearing the same costume two years in a row, since the only available costumes are black Gryffindor robes.

While Madeleine enjoys watching the Harry Potter movies with her sister, she does not appear to be a fan of the books.  Coming to find me yesterday while Ethan sat reading a chapter of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" to the girls, Madeleine announced her distaste for the book.

ME: What are you doing, honey?
MADELEINE: Uh, I was hoping you would come read me a book.
ME: I thought Daddy was reading "Harry Potter" to you and Julia.
MADELEINE: But...I don't LIKE Harry Potter.  It's so BORING.  Harry just always has to be DOING things.

Woah.  Harsh.  Personally, I actually *like* books in which the protagonist is doing things, because that makes the plot a lot more interesting, but I guess it doesn't float Madeleine's boat.

What does seem to float her boat lately is being a completely daredevil.  Her fall down the stairs has clearly not caused her to slow down with her athletic and gymnastic feats around the house.  Just today she decided to try out a brand new trick:

MADELEINE: (laying her body vertically with her head on the couch and her feet on one of our red plastic kiddie chairs) Mama!  Look at MEEEEE!
ME: Oh, Madeleine, be careful, okay?
MADELEINE: Mama.  I already WAS be carefulling.

Well, okay then.  As long as she's be carefulling, I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

Wait a minute.  Then again, this is Madeleine we're talking about.  The wipe-out queen and master of the face-plant.  Even if she IS be carefulling, I have no a heck what's going to happen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know what sets magic class apart from the other classes at Hogwarts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone help her with the spelling of "Herbology"??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. She asked me. The other words she was confident about, however.

      Delete