Thursday, January 30, 2020

MREEEEER!

One of Madeleine's latest obsessions is the tv show "Stranger Things."  As someone who needs to say "MREEEER!" anytime she hears a word that she considers a "swear"*, Madeleine finds herself "mreeeering" constantly throughout each episode. 


*"Swears" in Madeleine's view include actual swear words, as well as words like "stupid," "shut up," and even the more benign "fool."


Madeleine recently used her own money to order Stranger Things computer stickers with which to decorate her laptop.  She used all but one sticker, because the one sticker had inappropriate language on it.

JULIA: (admiring Madeleine's decorated laptop) Madeleine, I like how you made it look like Eleven is saying, "Friends Don't Lie."
MADELEINE: Yeah!  I did that on purpose!
JULIA: (examining the stickers further) Hey, look, it's Punk Eleven!
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And I had another Punk Eleven one, but it said, "Mreeeeering," so I didn't use that one.
ME: It said Bitchin'.
MADELEINE: (harshly) MREEEEEER!

So I was busted.  I just thought I should clear things up a little bit for Julia.  We all know that "Mreeeeering" could mean a whole myriad of things, so I simply cut to the chase.  And I got "mreeeeered" at, so I learned MY lesson, that's for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment