Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sparklies

Around this time of year, I start to get really desperate for any Christmas linger-onners to take down their holiday lights so that I can get a respite from Madeleine's running "sparklies!" commentary on evening drives.  This Christmas, as I had mentioned in December, Madeleine changed her exclamation to "Sparklies Yay!" and it shows no sign of slowing down, despite the reduction in houses bedecked with lights. 

Today, on our drive home from church:

MADELEINE: (quietly and repetitively reciting something to herself in the back seat)
ME: Madeleine, what are you saying back there?
MADELEINE: I'm saying "Sparklies Yay."
ME: To what?  We're on the highway.  I don't see any Christmas lights anywhere.
MADELEINE: I know, but I just like saying it anyway.
ME: Okay.  That's not weird.


Reader, I fear I may be stuck with "Sparklies Yay" for life.  Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment