Thursday, December 21, 2017

Sparklies!

In the car last night: Ethan, Madeleine and I.


MADELEINE: Mommy?  You know that feeling when you feel really HOT, and it's kind of WEIRD be- Sparklies!  - That feeling when you feel really HOT, and - Sparklies!  Sparklies!
ME: When you feel really hot and what?
MADELEINE: Like, at school, sometimes when we're sitting still for SO - Sparklies! - For SO LONG, and I get this - Sparklies! - this FEELING like, my body feels - Sparklies! - like, HOT, and - Sparklies!
ME: Your body feels hot and what?
MADELEINE: Like, sometimes - Sparklies! - like, when I'm sitting still and NOT MOVING for so - Sparklies!  Sparklies and relflecting sparlies! - like, if I'm sitting still and NOT MOVING for a long time, like - Sparklies! - like, I get this feeling like my body is - Sparklies! - like, HOT, or, like, when you - Sparklies!  Sparklies!  Sparklies and reflecting sparklies! - like, - Sparklies! - when you-
ME: Okay, so you feel hot, and you feel weird, like you've been sitting still too long?
MADELEINE: Like, sometimes when you're - Sparklies! - trying to think of an ANSWER - Sparklies!  Sparklies!  Sparklies and reflecting Sparklies!  Sparklies!  Sparklies! - and you - Sparklies! Sparklies!  Sparklies!  Sparklies! - and-
ETHAN: Oh, my GOD.
ME: So you feel really hot when you're concentrating?
MADELEINE: It's like, when - Sparklies! - when you - Sparklies! - like, when-
ETHAN: Madeleine, can I tell you something?
MADELEINE: (chagrined) I think I already know.


Sparklies and Reflecting Sparklies!

No comments:

Post a Comment