Sunday, September 3, 2017

Laundry Lazies

The girls seem mostly recovered from jet-lag, but I'm still SO exhausted.  This evening, after dinner, I laid down on the couch and then remembered I hadn't brought the laundry up from the dryer.  Julia had come over to join me on the couch, and I lamented my position to her.

ME: Ugh, Julia, I forgot to get the laundry from the dryer.  Can you un-lazify me so I can go get it?
JULIA: (with anticipation and excitement) I'll be right back!

My thought process as I lay on the couch: Oh my gosh!  What a darling daughter I have!  She's going to go down and get the laundry for me and surprise me.  I can't believe how sweet she is.  But wait.  Will she know to empty the lint from the filter?  I guess that doesn't matter.  I can show her about that later.  The important thing is that she's actually getting the laundry.  Maybe this means I don't have to be the only one responsible for laundry in the future.  Even if I am, it's just so adorably sweet that Julia is doing this for me right now.  


JULIA: (returning, holding not the laundry basket, but her faux magic wand, which she then points at me) Un-LAZIFY YOU!


Oh.  Well, I guess I got what I asked for.


1 comment: