Friday, June 2, 2017

Zero O'Clock

I woke up this morning to find Madeleine playing with a long chain link made out of paper.

MADELEINE: Mommy!  These are my streamers!  I'm getting ALL ready for the zero o'clock celebration of the twenty-fifth that me and Daddy are planning!
ME: Uh...okay.
MADELEINE: And I finished my poem about the zero o'clock celebration!  And it has the parts where the GIRLS chorus to the boys.
ME: Oh, okay.
ETHAN: (entering the room) Madeleine, why don't you put your streamers away for now so you can have breakfast?
MADELEINE: Okay.  I'll just...hang them on this chair here (draping them across a dining room chair that she had carried into the living room)
ETHAN: I don't know if that's the best place to put them...
MADELEINE: But we need them for the zero o'clock celebration!
ME: I don't understand.  What exactly is the zero o'clock celebration?
MADELEINE: The twenty-fifth!
ME: That doesn't really answer my question.
ETHAN: You decide when it's zero o'clock and then you have the celebration.

Wait.  Ethan knows what the zero o'clock celebration is?  How did I get so out of the loop??


Here are her streamers:




And here is her poem:

"Celabrate zero o'clock celabrate.
Zero o'clock is a time to celabrate.  It's midnhit and noon.  Twelve o'clock, as some peapole call it.  We cheer out, 'Zero o'clock!  It's time!  It's time!  Evryone, go to bed!  Evryone, eat lunch!  Zero o'clock!  Zero o'clock!  Zero o'clock!"



So.  That's what zero o'clock is.  It's midnhit and noon.  It's a time to celabrate.

It's hard to say which is more random: this poem, or another Madeleine creation I found on the table today.  Take a look:


"Trip to save the univeres."

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be puzzled by this one, because it's TOTALLY obvious that the combination of me, box with star inside, and the ungreat Whitney is exactly what one needs to save the univeres.  Forget the Paris Climate Agreement.  This trio is destined to not just preserve our planet, but the entire univeres!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment