Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Two Little Bunnies

Madeleine made up a little song about bunnies a few weeks ago, and it has quickly become a family classic.  Despite its tame subject matter, this song is pretty adventurous, both musically and lyrically.  Not only does it NOT rhyme at all, but it doesn't even really have much of a melody; Madeleine relies on an avant garde sprechtstimme style of singing, rather than a lyrically sung tune.  She even has accompanying hand and/or body motions!:




She has decided that I *must* teach this song to my preschool class.  Not just the words, but maybe even the movements.

MADELEINE: Mommy!  You could *try* having them stand up and act it out.  But...if it gets to be a RUCKUS, they can just sit down and go back to puppets or hand movements.


Excellent idea, Madeleine!  Maybe if my girls ever come into school with me next year, I can have Madeleine teach it to them herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment