Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Wise Words of Madeleine Rowe

Madeleine's words of wisdom:


#1
JULIA: Why does Auntie Shannon keep saying it's so LATE, when it's only 7:52?
MADELEINE: Julia.  Remember?  The clocks changed.  'Cause it's NOVEMBER.  Daytime Saving Lights.



#2
MADELEINE: Mama?  Does everything go LOW, and it starts out HIGHER, in the years?
ME: Uh, what do you mean?
MADELEINE: Well, like, if it's 2009...
ME: Do you mean...like, is it a lower number year now that it was when you were born?
MADELEINE: Yeah.
ME: Well, what year is it now?
MADELEINE: 2015.
ME: So what number is bigger?  2009 or 2015?
MADELEINE: Uh...2015?
ME: Right.  Why did you think the numbers started higher and get lower?
MADELEINE: Cause it seems like, a little bit, like 2009 was a LONG time before it.
ME: Before what?
MADELEINE: Before now.  'Cause 2015 seems, like, I don't know, LOWER.



#3
MADELEINE: (lying beside me in her bed, in what I hoped was soon-to-be sleep)
Mama?
ME: Yes?
MADELEINE: Why when I'm trying to cross my eyes and people say "try sticking out your tongue to do it" and I do, and they say "You did it!," then when I do it at HOME, you say, "You're close!" and Julia says, "Madeleine.  You're really not crossing your eyes AT ALL."?


And finally,

#4

MADELEINE: (running up from the play room) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  (dashing into the bathroom)
ME: Then go!
MADELEINE: (from the bathroom) Oh, GREAT.
ME: (with dread) What?
MADELEINE: Pee AGAIN.
ME: In your undies??
MADELEINE: Yup.
ME: Honey, you've GOT to stop holding it so long.
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  I was looking for a COLORING book.  Because...I couldn't find the GLUE, so I decided I would COLOR instead.


Well, with that totally legit reason for why she simply HAD to hold her pee to the point of her bladder bursting, I guess I can't be too mad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment