Sunday, November 22, 2015

Madeleine's New Christmas Book

Even though Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet, the girls have made it clear that their minds are already on Christmas.  Madeleine started writing a brand new Christmas book this week, and although it remains unfinished, I'm pretty intrigued by the story so far.

The Chrismiss purty at my hous

I'm not sure what a black square and brown stars have to do with Christmas.  Or with parties, for that matter.  I mean, I suppose the brown stars could be gingerbread cookies.  But I have to say, this is not exactly the festive picture I had in mind upon hearing the title of Madeleine's book.


"We just wock up frum a iksiting sleep it was chrismiss."

Let me tell you.  There's nothing more iksiting about Christmas than the sleeping part.  What else can you ask for?  You lay your tired head down on the pillow and conk out, right?  I'm gonna remind the kids, when they don't want to go to sleep on Christmas Eve because they're too wound up and energized thinking about the presents, that their sleep is bound to be iksiting!


"We camm to open up the presints"

I really like their yellow bird angel.  I also like the fact that the Christmas tree is too skinny for the presints to fit underneath.


"We got a seekrit rumot dad got a dril mom got a mag tomis got a..." 


Wait.  What did Tomis get?!?  A plab?  I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly or not.  Let me look at the picture to analyze.  Which one is the seekrit remot?  My guess is...uh...either the second or third image.  Whichever one is not the seekrit remot is Dad's dril.  Mom's mag seems to be the image on the right.  So that leaves the yellow blob as the plab. What is a plab??  Did she mean to write "blob?"  Or are the letters so squished together that I can't make them out?  What does one do with a plab?  I'm so confused.

This is where the book leaves off.  I can't believe we don't get to find out what Tomis got yet!!  The suspense is going to keep ME from getting an iksiting night's sleep tonight!  Stay tuned, folks.  If I solve the mystery of Tomis's seekrit presint, I will be sure to give you the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment