Wednesday, June 26, 2013

End of Kindergarten!

Julia is officially done with school for the year!  I can't believe how quickly kindergarten flew by.


1st day of school, September 2012


Last day of school, June 2013.

Among the many things Julia has brought home at the end of the school year are a book of kindergarten memories:


Yes, she gave each child on the cover a first and last name.  Max Meywell, Abby Cyrctin, Addin Rown, and May Mrteln.  The creative forces are at work even when it comes to coloring in pre-printed people.

On the first page inside the book, Julia listed some facts about herself, including her favorite things.  Some MAJOR things have changed since the fall:


For one, MOVE OVER, PINK!  Tropicl vilot is the new favorite color in the house!  And gone are the days of mac 'n cheese being Julia's favorite food.  It's now cees casadiya all the way, baby!
She holds strong with babby bunnys being her favorite animal, however.  I'm not really sure what a babby bunny is, though.  Is it a BABY babby rabbit?  Isn't the idea of a baby bunny redundant?  It's kind of like saying a baby infant.  Anyway...

School may be over, but the journal writing continues.  Julia made sure to sit down, of her own accord, and write an entry in her June journal for today:


"Today is my last day of schoole.  nexe yere I will be in frist grade.  I met my techer.  I can't wate to go."

I'm thinking we're going to have a very productive and prolific summer...

Meanwhile, Madeleine continues to deeply question the important things in life.  An excerpt from her bedtime babbles this evening as I attempted to extricate myself from her snuggling clutches:

MADELEINE:  But Mama?  Why is it too FULL when me and Julia are BOTH on your lap?
ME: Well, because it just gets too heavy.
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  Julia SQUISHES me when she sits on ME.  And when DADDY sits on me too, then I'm too FULL.
ME: Mmm-hmm.
MADELEINE: Mama.  Daddy is the jelly, and me and Julia are the peanut butter, and...and...and...I mean...Julia is the peanut butter, and I'm the...the...the...I'm the BUTTER, and you're the BREAD!
ME: Okay.
MADELEINE: So why does that make you too FULL?
ME: Well, it's just too heavy.
MADELEINE: Because you're afraid I'm gonna fall off you and hit my head and get HURT?

Yes, Madeleine.  That is EXACTLY why I don't want everyone in the house piled on top of me.  Right on the money, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment