Thursday, January 5, 2017

Morning Madness

Here are the things Julia is doing to get ready for school this morning:

-Getting herself dressed
-Brushing her teeth
-Getting herself some breakfast
-Styling her own hair


Here are the things Madeleine is doing instead of getting ready for school:

-Sitting on the toilet in her pajamas and pink hat, singing out, "Daaaaaddddy!  Daaaaaaddy!" because she wanted to show him a rock.
-Making sounds that I swore were Clara the chihuahua whining, but instead were: "Wow!  I'm really getting better at whistling!"
-Lying on her bed in her pajamas with her feet in the air, saying, "Oh!  Sorry.  I got distracted!" when I asked her if she was going to get dressed.
-Shouting to me from her bedroom: "Mommy!  You FORGOT to wash my THURSDAY underwear!" (you may remember from the previous underwear blog post that Madeleine's Sunday and Thursday underwear are the same pair.)
-Crying and refusing to get dressed because I didn't wash her Thursday underwear.


Here are the things I have done since getting up:

-Took a shower
-Got dressed for work
-Made myself breakfast
-Ate my breakfast
-Made and packed Madeleine's lunch for school
-Made and packed Julia's lunch for school
-Made and packed my lunch for work
-Made Madeleine's breakfast
-Successfully found a pair of acceptable underwear for Madeleine to wear in lieu of her dirty Thursday/Sunday underwear
-Took Madeleine's pajamas off her body and put her clothes on her body while she cried about her underwear


I win.  Or lose.  Depending on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment