Friday, June 24, 2016

Quotes of the Day

Some of the best quotes and conversations with Julia today:


JULIA: Mommy?  I'm like Louisa May Alcott, because a lot of times ideas for a story just POP into my mind, and I start PLANNING, like, the words I'm gonna use and how I'm gonna write it!

And speaking of writing a book...


JULIA: Mommy?  I pretend that Lilly Mintz has, like, a thingy called a PUBLISHER machine, where you, like, publish books for one copy and it has a hard cover and stuff.  So, a lot of times, I think of books that SHE wrote that I want to write.

And speaking of the Mintz...


JULIA: Mom?  You know what?  All of the Mintz have blonde hair or strawberry blonde hair, but only TWO of their cousins do.

Wow!  That sure is odd that the imaginary cousins of an imaginary family share only a small percentage of the imaginary family's hair color genes.  How is that even scientifically possible?!?


And here's what has been on Madeleine's mind:


MADELEINE: (looking up pictures of Harry Potter characters on the tablet) Woah.  Wait.  Why are they showing me Voldemort?  (thoughtful)  Voldemort kind of looks like Donald Trump.
 

And completely unrelated to anything having to do with Harry Potter or Trump:

MADELEINE: Mommy?  How do animals get MARRIED?
ME: Well, animals don't really get married.  They don't have a marriage ceremony.
MADELEINE: Then how do animals have babies?
ME: Well, in the animal world, it's different from with humans.  Animals don't get married.  They find something called a "mate."
MADELEINE: So Mommy?  Like, does a girl animal look for a BOY animal, and then if they REALLY like each other, then they have babies?  And they just don't do the marriage ceremony?

Yup, that's what they do if they really..."like" each other.  I mean, that's about as clear an explanation as one can get without getting into the Facts of Life, so I'll leave it at that!  Thanks for answering your own question so satisfactorily, Madeleine!

No comments:

Post a Comment