Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Angel's Flight

Madeleine started writing a new book, and although she has only finished the cover and first page, I can tell it has a LOT of promise:

The angel's flight

Illustrated and ritin by Madeleine Rowe



"Once Anabela lived.  her home was hevin.  she was an angel."


I seriously can't wait until more of this story is ritin.  What is Anabela going to get up to when she goes on her flight?  Why does she need to read a book about flight if she's an angel?  Doesn't she inherently know how to fly?

At least I have a little preview of what is to come, because the whole riting of this book was inspired by a drawing Madeleine made yesterday.  According to Madeleine, "the angel I made was SOOO pretty, I wanted to add her to a book!":





Here, Anabela is saying, "animel's go away the storm!"

I had a Q&A with the illustrator about this drawing.

ME: So why is the angel telling the animals to go away?
MADELEINE: Mama.  READ it.
ME: Because of the storm?  Is she warning them away so they don't get caught in the storm?
MADELEINE: Yes.  Because.  Look. (pointing to the left upper corner.)
ME: Oh, I see, that's the storm.  And what's all this? (pointing to the colors at the bottom of the page.)
MADELEINE: Oh.  The Aurora Borealis.

(Interesting.  The Northern Lights are at the bottom of the page.  I guess because even though they're "northern," they're not nearly as high up as Heaven?)

ME: And is the angel wearing glasses?
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm!
ME: Why does she need glasses?
MADELEINE: I just WANTED her to have them.

I guess even though you're an angel, you can't expect to have perfect sight.  I wonder if there are also angels with braces or retainers.

I can't wait to see what happens next with Anabela, her flight, and the animel's, and what prompts her to leave her home in Hevin to go on this flight.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment