Friday, May 8, 2015

Madeleine Says...

A sampling of Madeleine sayings today:


Driving home from picking up take-out:

MADELEINE: Ah-kah street.  Mama.  We're on Ah-kah street.
ME: (not paying her much heed) Oh, yeah?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  Ah-kah street.
JULIA: Madeleine.  Ah-kah street?!?
MADELEINE: Yeah!  It says "O-A-K."

Only Madeleine can make the word "oak" sound closer to "Oaxaca."



During a play-date with one of her school friends:

MADELEINE: This is my aunt's exercise ball!
FRIEND: But you're playing with it?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  I'm bouncing it.  It's a ball.  So.  How do you think you spell "ball?"
FRIEND: Uh...um...I don't know.
MADELEINE: Okay.  I'll tell you.  "B-A-" (waiting for her friend to complete the word) "Ulllll....ullllll....Okay, I'll just tell you.  "B-A-L.  Ball!"

Good thing we have Madeleine to teach the know-nothings how to spell.



During bedtime snuggles:

MADELEINE: Mama?  In the Jesus song that's the MEAN people, I wouldn't want to do that to Jesus.
ME: You mean you wouldn't do the mean things they're doing to Him?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  I wouldn't WANT to.
ME: I know that, honey.  I know you love Jesus!
MADELEINE: I have a CRUSH on Jesus, and Captain Jack Sparrow.








Madeleine's love interests.  Clearly she has a thing for men with facial hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment