Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers Day and Anniversary!

Today is an extra-special day in the Rowe household: Fathers Day AND the Rowe parents' 12th wedding anniversary!  Because of the latter, our super-duper baby-sitter Auntie Caitlyn is here so that Ethan and I can have a night out to celebrate.

Since Julia was at her sleepover, our morning Fathers Day brunch was missing a member, but she was able to enjoy some pancakes for a mid-morning snack when she got home.  As I was cooking pancakes on the griddle, Madeleine made an important announcement to her auntie.

MADELEINE: Auntie Caitlyn?  One day, when it WASN'T Fathers Day...we had pancakes.


No WAY!  We had pancakes on another day?  When it WASN'T Fathers Day?  Unheard of! 

The girls had some very special hand-made gifts to present to their daddy.

From Madeleine:

Now, let's just take a moment to analyze the quintessential Madeleine "smile."  One eye slightly squinted more than the other, an expression of discomfort (or constipation) on her face, and lips in an "eeeee" position.  CLASSIC.

Let's open this card to see exactly WHY Madeleine loves her daddy:

"I like to go to Vermont with him.  He watches us in the pool."

Those of you regular readers may notice a Vermont-obsession theme with Madeleine lately.  Nana and Gramps, I think she may be hankering for a trip up there!

Madeleine also made a picture for Ethan, complete with scruffy-faced Daddy and Madeleine holding hands:






I don't even know WHAT to say about the finger family on the right-side of the page.  But I like the fact that the middle finger is wearing headphones.


Julia had the following school project to give to Ethan:

My Dad is funny because: he says silly things.
By Dad thinks I am funny when: I say chocolate powterd donuts.
*apparently this is an inside joke because I have no idea what that's about.
His favorite thing to do is: spend time with his family.
My Dad's favorite food is: chocolate.  (He eat's them all)
He is really good at: singing
My Dad's job is: engamiring. 
*Julia used to say Daddy's job is "his computer."  I'm glad she now knows that he's a software engamire.
My Dad always says: like crabs.
*This is a long-running joke, most popular with Madeleine, dating back to the day that Ethan read the girls the non-fiction book "Spiders."  One line in the book is indeed "like crabs," but Ethan decided to tag that phrase along to the end of EVERY SENTENCE in the book.  Naturally, the girls thought it was hilarious, and to this day, Madeleine refuses to let him read the book WITHOUT saying "like crabs" after every sentence.
My favorite thing about my Dad is: that he loves me.
I love my Dad because: he's the best Dad ever!


Aw.  How sweet! 


And in the not-sweet category, Madeleine also presented Ethan with the following, completely macabre picture:



MADELEINE: Daddy, look!  Here, it's for YOU!  It's a DEAD GUY!




Happy, happy Fathers Day to my goofy, pool-watching, chocolate-eating, "crabby" Franken-husband!  We all love you so very much! 

LOVE
COURTNEY
ETHAN

No comments:

Post a Comment