Monday, March 17, 2014

Madeleine Got STYLE

On Saint Patrick's Day, some people might like to dress up in green an/or Irish-themed clothing.

Madeleine chose to dress up today, as well, but not in the expected St. Paddy's fashion:


Here, she sports a dress over a pair of leggings, orange socks, a green beaded necklace, a sunhat, and a pair of cat ears, and holds a Dora mermaid doll in lieu of a standard clutch.

A little later n the day, she tweaked her look a bit and was suddenly a high fashion witch:



The best part is that *I* also had to be a witch, because really, who can turn down a "but pleeeasy pleeeease can you wear it?" when Madeleine hands you a witch hat??  No matter that we had to go out in the car; the hat was non-negotiable.  I'm certain that the road construction workers who had to cautiously wave me across their work area didn't think I was totally weird AT ALL as I sat in the driver's seat in my pointy witch hat.


Now, while Julia didn't dress up in either Erin Go Bragh gear or witch/cat costumes, she did have her moment in the spotlight today, singing "Let it Go" from "Frozen" for me on video.  This is a big deal, folks; Julia has been longing to finally memorize all the lyrics, as all of her friends at school have done.  Today she (almost) had the whole piece down:




And with that I will end this post, dear blog readers, and you are all welcome for me getting that song stuck in your heads yet AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment