Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Another Drawing

Okay, I know I've been cracking a lot of jokes about the phallic images that appear in Julia's drawings, but come on, what am I supposed to do when I find pictures like this lying about?:






ME: So, Julia?  What is this that you drew here?
JULIA: Scissors!

When she's not busy drawing cock-and-balls scissors, Julia is adding to her poetry collection.  Yesterday, she wrote the following:

"Drift upon me my fairy dady.
Drift upon me my fairy momy."

Ethereal, n'est-ce-pas?

Meanwhile, Madeleine has decided that, at least for today, she is a girl.

MADELEINE: (playing with her winter animal figurines) Mommy!  I can't find my penguin!  And he's the KING!  
ME: You can't, huh?
MADELEINE: (wailing) Yeah!  I can't find the KING!
ME: Well, maybe you can be the king.
MADELEINE: Well Mama.  I can't be the king because I'm a GIRL.  A king is ONLY A BOY and I'm NOT a boy.  I'm just a GIRL.  Girls can only be princesses.

I'm not sure I get it.  She can arbitrarily decide that she's a boy when we're driving in the car, but she absolutely cannot call upon her powers of imagination to pretend she's a boy when she's in need of a king?  

Aye yie yie.  Between Julia's penis drawings, all the naked Barbies, and Madeleine's vacillations between whether or not she has a worm, I honestly have no idea what goes through these kids' heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment