Sunday, June 10, 2012

Madeleine Dances

Today I found Madeleine in a complete solo-dance-party reverie, twirling around the living room and singing to herself, completely unaware of anything else going on in the house.  I grabbed my video camera, which ultimately made her aware of me and the fact that I was watching her, but she was able to block me out for the most part and continue on with her dance and song routine:





I think all her spasmodic dancing tuckered her out, because she conked out cold on the car ride home from dropping Julia at a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party.  I actually think it's a good thing Madeleine was as tired as she was, because she didn't put up much of a fuss over Julia going to the party.  This is Julia's fourth party of the week, and time and time again Madeleine has had to watch her sister admitted into venues full of wild and crazy kiddie fun, while I've had to drag Madeleine away kicking and screaming.  This time, Ethan stayed in the car with Madeleine while I walked Julia into the party.  Madeleine was almost completely silent on the matter, with the exception of her one blurted comment as we pulled out of the parking lot: "Oh no!  We forbot JULIA!"

The fact that we had forbotten her sister didn't cause her to lose sleep, however.  With her eyes glazed over and her eyelids drooping, she slowly and drowsily shook her head "no" when I asked her if she was tired, but within minutes she was out like a light.  I guess she shook her booty just a little too hard during her afternoon dance-a-thon...

No comments:

Post a Comment